Looking for the perfect job? If you’ve long been considering getting into the cannabis business, your timing couldn’t be better…
The legal cannabis industry is currently the fastest growing industry in the United States. Cannabis related companies employ an estimated 100,000 to 150,000 people, and this number is expected to increase. A total of 28 states have laws allowing the use of medical marijuana, while seven states and the District of Columbia have legalized recreational use as well. If you have a marketable skill, there’s most likely a place for you in this ever-expanding industry.
The Top Cannabis Jobs
- Baker/Chef. If you love to cook or bake, then your culinary skills could be beneficial in the cannabis industry. Despite regulations and competition making it a difficult industry to break into, it can be quite lucrative if you are talented and driven.
- Writer. While often overlooked, writing is a very important job in the cannabis industry with many opportunities available. Journalists are needed to investigate and cover new stories and current topics. Reviewers are also needed as they provide useful insight on various stores, strains, and products. Plus, these jobs are usually remote so you can work from home!
- Doctor. Doctors are very much in-demand as it is, but licensed MDs who truly believe in the benefits of medical cannabis are highly sought after in this industry.
- Lawyer. Law firms that specialize in cannabis-related issues are rare, but very much a top need for many in the industry. With all the new regulations, licenses, taxes and so on that will be required in many states; legal representation is imperative, and recent law school graduates should consider branching out to the cannabis reform.
- Budtender. Just like bartenders, Budtenders are essentially the face of the cannabis industry. Friendly and knowledgeable budtenders make sure the experience is a pleasant and beneficial visit to your local cannabis dispensary.
- Web Design and Software. Just like any other business, cannabis dispensaries benefit greatly from interactive and informative websites for their customers. Anyone who knows how to create and optimize a web page, drive and analyze traffic, and troubleshoot software should definitely consider a career in this sector of the industry.
- Farmer/Grower/Seed-harvester. The cannabis industry wouldn’t be what it is today without the expertise of experienced growers. Most patients and consumers prefer to smoke better quality marijuana guaranteed to be free of pesticides, mold, and other toxins. Marijuana grown by competent farmers provides more medical benefits to patients and a better high for recreational users.
- Dispensary Owner. While budtenders are often the face of the industry, the dispensary owner is the behind-the-scenes superhero of the entire operation. A clinic owner needs to be organized, detail-oriented, and knowledgeable in the art of business dealings. From licensing, advertising, vendor relations and inventory, everything needs to be managed by the dispensary owner in order for the business to run smoothly and continue providing quality services to the community.
- Accountant. Every successful business needs a professional accountant to keep books, and that includes businesses in the cannabis industry. Knowledgeable accountants can handle a variety of money-related issues such as loans, payment processing, and taxes.
Where to find legal Cannabis Industry Jobs
There are many different ways to find work in the cannabis industry. You could consider asking a friend if they know of anything, you could ask around at local dispensaries, or you can look online. If you choose to take your search to the web, here are a few pages to find leads.
Cannabis Industry Job Boards
Cannabis Industry Staffing Service
Other places to find Cannabis Industry Jobs
Legal marijuana-related jobs are not as elusive as you might think. With some planning, determination, and this list of resources, you could find yourself working at your dream job in the cannabis industry before you know it!
[Image credit- Pixabay]